Skip to main content

Lactose free cheesecake with chocolate dripping

Hi everyone!

Who likes cheesecakes? I've never been a big fan of cheesecakes, but today's cake is so delicious!

If you like cottage cheese, chocolate and p o t a t o e s you won't be disappointed. Potatoes, you say? Yes! Potatoes are great when you want to eat a fluffy and delicate cheesecake. It's also a cheaper version of traditional cake, because you need smaller amount of the cottage cheese☺

My cheesecake is a great source of protein, so important in inflammatory bowel diseases. Our guts aren't able to absorb nutrients from food - they have a bigger permeability compared to guts of a healthy person. We must eat more complete protein, when complete equals animal protein. We usually source them from dairy products, like milk, cheese and yoghurt, eggs or lean meat, like turkey or chicken. 

My cheesecake is full of eggs, butter and cottage cheese, so it's a perfect choice for malnourished people.

Cheesecake from my recipe is also easy to digest and high in calories - lovely!

If you mustn't eat dairy products, don't be unhappy - in the depths of my computer it is a recipe for fake cheesecake using millet groats and lemon juice! Stay tuned, I will upload it asap!

For decoration I've used frozen white currants, but I could't eat them because of their's small seeds. They are very bad for my poor guts☹️ But if you don't have IBD, you can eat them of course! ☺

Not prolonging, here's the recipe for delicious lactose free cheesecake!

I've decorated my portion using frozen white currants and melted chocolate! ☺


CHEESECAKE 

What you need:

I've used a 20 cm by 10 cm cake mold lined with baking paper.

♡500 g of lactose free cottage cheese
♡a half of glass of white sugar
♡3 eggs
♡4 drops of natural orange extract (I've used this one)
♡2 middle potatoes
♡1 headed tablespoon of gluten free universal mix (I've used this one)
♡ about 60 grams of melted lactose free butter (I've removed a white foam to receive a clarified butter)

What you need to do:

   !   Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/356 degrees F.

1. Firstly, peel of the potatoes, cut them into smaller chunks and boil in salted water until they become soft. When they are ready, drain the water and mash them on a big plate. Do it very carefully, because we don't want potato lumps in our creamy cheesecake! ☺ Wait until they cool down and prepare the rest of  the ingredients.♡

2. Secondly, put the cheese and the cooled potatoes into the kitchen robot and blend for a smooth mixture. Add eggs, sugar, orange extract, flour and melted butter. Blend once more and pour the mixture into the baking mold lined with baking paper.

3. Bake for about 40-50 minutes. The cheesecake may fall a little, but it doesn't damage the taste. Wait until the cheesecake cools down, cut and serve with chocolate dripping! ☺

CHOCOLATE DRIPPING

What you need:

♡ 6  cubes of dark chocolate
♡ 4 cubes of lactose free or vegan milk chocolate (I've used this one)
♡ 2 tablespoons of rice milk to loose the consistency 

What you need to do:

1. Melt the chocolate with rice milk using water bath or microwave, stir gently and eat with our cheesecake☺ Enjoy!

FROZEN CURRANTS

What you need:

♡a few currants twigs 
♡small cutting desk 

 What you need to do:

1. Freeze the currants and decorate your cake!☺







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi, it's me!

'[...]I would like our community to be appreciated and our nutritional needs not to be seemed strange to the others[...]' Hi everyone!☺️ My name is Anne and I'm a teen with special diet needs. On my blog you will find recipes for people who struggle with their diets - gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, eggs-free, low protein, PKU and HCU friendly or all other! I would like our community to be appreciated and our nutritional needs not to be seemed strange to the others:) Would you like to join me? Together is always easier!☺️ I hope you'll stay there!  Anne

Raisin loaf with sweet crumbles

Hi everyone!☺️ Are there any raisin lovers? Or yeast cake lovers? I know that people are divided into raisin lovers and raisin haters! I like raisins, they are full of magnesium, potassium and boron. Did you know that raisins contain resveratrol, an antioxidant that protects cells against damage? They also contain fiber (3,7 g per 100 g), so IBD people must be careful of big amounts of them in their diet.  Today I want to share with you a recipe for delicious gluten and dairy free yeast loaf with raisins and sweet crumbles! Below is the PKU version!☺️ For those who must follow the low protein medical diet, 100 g of raisins contain: Kcal: 286 Fats: 0,5 g Carbs: 64,7 g Protein: 2,30 g Phe: 85 mg Values from  PKU Connect ☺️ You can use them as exchanges.☺️ I was inspired by the recipe for  Gluten Free Challah  from  The Gluten Free Mom ☺️ What you need: DOUGH ♡1 glass of gluten free mix for bread* (I used  Schar's mix B  ) ♡ 25 g of lactose free butter* ♡1 egg* ♡60 ml of rice milk* (

Alina-PKU's cinnamon rolls

Hi there! Yesterday, I tried to make cinnamon rolls from the recipe which I had found on Instagram account alina_pku! Alina's version is PKU friendly and low protein. I have changed some of the ingredients and made higher in Phe but still delicious cakes. Alina's recipe is made with 800 g of flour but I divided this amount by 4. What you need: 200 g Schar gluten-free flour Mix B* 18,5 g vanilla pudding in powder 4 g dry yeast 17,5 g white sugar 30 g butter* 25 ml water 1 tiny egg* 125 ml soy/rice milk* 50 g  butter 75 g white sugar* 1,25 teaspoon of cinnamon *Alina used low protein flour, margarine, egg replacer, oat milk and brown sugar.   What you need to do: 1. Cook milk. Meanwhile, mix pudding powder with water. Add the mixture to the cooking milk. Stir until you get the consistency of pudding.♡ 2. Add butter, sugar and beaten egg to the pudding. Stir thoroughly.♡ 3. Put flour into a bowl and add the pudding. Add yeast and mix thoroughly.♡ 4. Put the bowl with your dough in