Skip to main content

Chocolate chip zucchini muffins (vegan, gluten free)

Hi everyone!
Who wouldn't like a delicious little muffin? And what if I say there's a zucchini in it? Yes, you heard it - zucchini☺

Gluten free, dairy free, vegan and with hidden veggies inside! 

This recipe is inspired by Allergic's Mum is Cooking for Sweet Zucchini Muffins, but I've replaced wheat flour with the mixture of rice flour, gluten free oat flour, corn flour and potato starch. I've also replaced apple juice with rice vanilla milk and added chocolate.

Original recipe is here!

Here's my version!

          


What you need:

For 9 muffins

♡240 g of gluten free flours* (I used 100 g of rice flour, 50 g of potato starch, 40 g of gluten free oat ♡flour and of 50 g of corn flour)
♡150 g* of peeled yellow zucchini, grated on vegatable's grater's small eyes  (with lightly squeezed juice)
♡50 ml of vanilla rice milk
♡1 tbsp of natural apple vinegar
♡50 ml of oil
♡80 g of sugar
♡1 small teaspoon of baking powder
♡a half of teaspoon of cinnamon
♡a pinch of salt
♡2 tbsp of water
♡1 teaspoon of psyllium husk***
♡favourite chocolate, crushed into small parts (about small handful)

*Originally wheat flour
**Originally 100 g
***Originally without

(Today Allergic's Mum has wrote to me that I should add more zucchini and 1 teaspoon of psyllium husk if I want moister muffins. With 100 g of zucchini and without psyllium husk they are a little bit dry inside.)

What you need to do:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/356 degrees F.

1. Firstly, pour the apple vinegar into the rice milk and stir thoroughly. Next, to a bowl add zucchini, milk with vinegar, water, sugar and oil. ♡

2. Secondly, add the flour mix, salt, psyllium husk, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir thoroughly and add chocolate, stir again. ♡

3. Put the dough into muffin molds and bake for about 20 minutes.♡

4. Best warm! Enjoy☺️♡




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi, it's me!

'[...]I would like our community to be appreciated and our nutritional needs not to be seemed strange to the others[...]' Hi everyone!☺️ My name is Anne and I'm a teen with special diet needs. On my blog you will find recipes for people who struggle with their diets - gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, eggs-free, low protein, PKU and HCU friendly or all other! I would like our community to be appreciated and our nutritional needs not to be seemed strange to the others:) Would you like to join me? Together is always easier!☺️ I hope you'll stay there!  Anne

Raisin loaf with sweet crumbles

Hi everyone!☺️ Are there any raisin lovers? Or yeast cake lovers? I know that people are divided into raisin lovers and raisin haters! I like raisins, they are full of magnesium, potassium and boron. Did you know that raisins contain resveratrol, an antioxidant that protects cells against damage? They also contain fiber (3,7 g per 100 g), so IBD people must be careful of big amounts of them in their diet.  Today I want to share with you a recipe for delicious gluten and dairy free yeast loaf with raisins and sweet crumbles! Below is the PKU version!☺️ For those who must follow the low protein medical diet, 100 g of raisins contain: Kcal: 286 Fats: 0,5 g Carbs: 64,7 g Protein: 2,30 g Phe: 85 mg Values from  PKU Connect ☺️ You can use them as exchanges.☺️ I was inspired by the recipe for  Gluten Free Challah  from  The Gluten Free Mom ☺️ What you need: DOUGH ♡1 glass of gluten free mix for bread* (I used  Schar's mix B  ) ♡ 25 g of lactose free butter* ♡1 egg* ♡60 ml of rice milk* (

Alina-PKU's cinnamon rolls

Hi there! Yesterday, I tried to make cinnamon rolls from the recipe which I had found on Instagram account alina_pku! Alina's version is PKU friendly and low protein. I have changed some of the ingredients and made higher in Phe but still delicious cakes. Alina's recipe is made with 800 g of flour but I divided this amount by 4. What you need: 200 g Schar gluten-free flour Mix B* 18,5 g vanilla pudding in powder 4 g dry yeast 17,5 g white sugar 30 g butter* 25 ml water 1 tiny egg* 125 ml soy/rice milk* 50 g  butter 75 g white sugar* 1,25 teaspoon of cinnamon *Alina used low protein flour, margarine, egg replacer, oat milk and brown sugar.   What you need to do: 1. Cook milk. Meanwhile, mix pudding powder with water. Add the mixture to the cooking milk. Stir until you get the consistency of pudding.♡ 2. Add butter, sugar and beaten egg to the pudding. Stir thoroughly.♡ 3. Put flour into a bowl and add the pudding. Add yeast and mix thoroughly.♡ 4. Put the bowl with your dough in