Skip to main content

Creamy rice with banana purée and chocolate

Hi everyone!
Have you ever eaten 'rice on milk'? In my country it's quite popular dish. When I was little, my mum used to make rice with cow's milk for breakfast and it was one of my favourite meals before school. Now, I can't eat lactose, so I mustn't use normal milk and I have to replace it with lactose free dairy products (occasionally) or base on plant based drink (very often).

When you prepare 'the rice on milk' using plant based or lactose free cream instead of using the cow's one, you can easily make gut friendly version of this yummy meal. Today I'm going to show you a recipe for a meal which I usually eat in exacerbation. It's creamy rice with banana purée and a little bit of chocolate! 

My rice pudding is creamy and rich in taste. Not vegan, but free from lactose, gluten and low fodmap, tasty, very delicate and easy to digest. Perfect for slow breakie, supper or a tea:) 

I'm sorry that I didn't give the exact proportions, but I usually do this dish 'by eye'.



Look at this melting chocolate! ☺




What you need:

For pudding:

♡white rice
♡lactose free cream (I used cow's cream from Kaufland, but you can use plant based or coconut cream)
♡a little bit of water
♡salt
♡something to sweeten (not necessary)
♡half a teaspoon of gluten free vanilla pudding in powder
♡ 1 teaspoon of lactose free butter/margarine/coconut oil

For banana purée:

♡ small ripe banana
♡ 4 drops of lemon juice
♡ a little bit of water

Toppings:

♡ a cub of chocolate (or more if you are in remission:))

What you need to do:

1. At first, cook rice in salted water. When the rice is cooking, cut banana into slices and put the slices into a pan. Add water and lemon juice and heat. Stir until the banana will fall apart. For a smoother consistency, blend it using hand blender for a smooth purée.♡  

2. Mix the pudding powder with water to remove lumps.♡ 

3. When the rice is ready, mix it with cream, sweetener and butter. Heat and add pudding&water mixture. Stir thoroughly until the mixture become a little bit thicker and creamy.♡ 

4. Serve with banana purée and a cub of chocolate. When you put the chocolate cub on your warm 'rice on milk', it dissolves deliciously! ♡ 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi, it's me!

'[...]I would like our community to be appreciated and our nutritional needs not to be seemed strange to the others[...]' Hi everyone!☺️ My name is Anne and I'm a teen with special diet needs. On my blog you will find recipes for people who struggle with their diets - gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, eggs-free, low protein, PKU and HCU friendly or all other! I would like our community to be appreciated and our nutritional needs not to be seemed strange to the others:) Would you like to join me? Together is always easier!☺️ I hope you'll stay there!  Anne

Raisin loaf with sweet crumbles

Hi everyone!☺️ Are there any raisin lovers? Or yeast cake lovers? I know that people are divided into raisin lovers and raisin haters! I like raisins, they are full of magnesium, potassium and boron. Did you know that raisins contain resveratrol, an antioxidant that protects cells against damage? They also contain fiber (3,7 g per 100 g), so IBD people must be careful of big amounts of them in their diet.  Today I want to share with you a recipe for delicious gluten and dairy free yeast loaf with raisins and sweet crumbles! Below is the PKU version!☺️ For those who must follow the low protein medical diet, 100 g of raisins contain: Kcal: 286 Fats: 0,5 g Carbs: 64,7 g Protein: 2,30 g Phe: 85 mg Values from  PKU Connect ☺️ You can use them as exchanges.☺️ I was inspired by the recipe for  Gluten Free Challah  from  The Gluten Free Mom ☺️ What you need: DOUGH ♡1 glass of gluten free mix for bread* (I used  Schar's mix B  ) ♡ 25 g of lactose free butter* ♡1 egg* ♡60 ml of rice milk* (

Alina-PKU's cinnamon rolls

Hi there! Yesterday, I tried to make cinnamon rolls from the recipe which I had found on Instagram account alina_pku! Alina's version is PKU friendly and low protein. I have changed some of the ingredients and made higher in Phe but still delicious cakes. Alina's recipe is made with 800 g of flour but I divided this amount by 4. What you need: 200 g Schar gluten-free flour Mix B* 18,5 g vanilla pudding in powder 4 g dry yeast 17,5 g white sugar 30 g butter* 25 ml water 1 tiny egg* 125 ml soy/rice milk* 50 g  butter 75 g white sugar* 1,25 teaspoon of cinnamon *Alina used low protein flour, margarine, egg replacer, oat milk and brown sugar.   What you need to do: 1. Cook milk. Meanwhile, mix pudding powder with water. Add the mixture to the cooking milk. Stir until you get the consistency of pudding.♡ 2. Add butter, sugar and beaten egg to the pudding. Stir thoroughly.♡ 3. Put flour into a bowl and add the pudding. Add yeast and mix thoroughly.♡ 4. Put the bowl with your dough in