Skip to main content

Low protein vanilla rice pudding

Hi everyone!
Today I want to share with you a recipe for a low protein 'milky' rice pudding. You need only a few ingredients to make a really delishious meal! When I do it for myself,  I use  normal rice because I'm not a PKUer but I just want to show you that if you are PKU, you deserve to eat nutritious and yummy food!

PS. I'm using organic rice milk with vanilla flavour which I've bought in Rossmann. My milk has got 0,2 g protein per 100 ml and it means 10 mg Phe per 10 ml. You can also use ProZero, Lattis from Mevalia, Harifen or Loprofin milky drinks - whatever you want and what is suitable in your diet.




What you need:
cooked low protein rice
2/3 cup of low protein milk
a pinch of salt
something sweet (sugar, honey, maple syrup etc.)
1 crested spoon of vanilla pudding in powder
♡ butter*
*replace with margarine/coconut oil in vegan version

To choose:
low protein chocolate
normal chocolate
fruit puree
cherry/strawberry jam
cinnamon
♡roasted apples
fresh berries
♡everything you like:)




What you need to do:

1. To a pot add cooked rice, salt , sweetener, butter and less than the amount of milk specified in the recipe. Mix and boil.
2. In the rest of the milk, mix the pudding powder and make sure that there are no lumps.
3.  Add milk and pudding powder solution and boil until it thickened.
4. Pour into a bowl, add your favourite toppings and enjoy! Voilà!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi, it's me!

'[...]I would like our community to be appreciated and our nutritional needs not to be seemed strange to the others[...]' Hi everyone!☺️ My name is Anne and I'm a teen with special diet needs. On my blog you will find recipes for people who struggle with their diets - gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, eggs-free, low protein, PKU and HCU friendly or all other! I would like our community to be appreciated and our nutritional needs not to be seemed strange to the others:) Would you like to join me? Together is always easier!☺️ I hope you'll stay there!  Anne

Raisin loaf with sweet crumbles

Hi everyone!☺️ Are there any raisin lovers? Or yeast cake lovers? I know that people are divided into raisin lovers and raisin haters! I like raisins, they are full of magnesium, potassium and boron. Did you know that raisins contain resveratrol, an antioxidant that protects cells against damage? They also contain fiber (3,7 g per 100 g), so IBD people must be careful of big amounts of them in their diet.  Today I want to share with you a recipe for delicious gluten and dairy free yeast loaf with raisins and sweet crumbles! Below is the PKU version!☺️ For those who must follow the low protein medical diet, 100 g of raisins contain: Kcal: 286 Fats: 0,5 g Carbs: 64,7 g Protein: 2,30 g Phe: 85 mg Values from  PKU Connect ☺️ You can use them as exchanges.☺️ I was inspired by the recipe for  Gluten Free Challah  from  The Gluten Free Mom ☺️ What you need: DOUGH ♡1 glass of gluten free mix for bread* (I used  Schar's mix B  ) ♡ 25 g of lactose free butter* ♡1 egg* ♡60 ml of rice milk* (

Alina-PKU's cinnamon rolls

Hi there! Yesterday, I tried to make cinnamon rolls from the recipe which I had found on Instagram account alina_pku! Alina's version is PKU friendly and low protein. I have changed some of the ingredients and made higher in Phe but still delicious cakes. Alina's recipe is made with 800 g of flour but I divided this amount by 4. What you need: 200 g Schar gluten-free flour Mix B* 18,5 g vanilla pudding in powder 4 g dry yeast 17,5 g white sugar 30 g butter* 25 ml water 1 tiny egg* 125 ml soy/rice milk* 50 g  butter 75 g white sugar* 1,25 teaspoon of cinnamon *Alina used low protein flour, margarine, egg replacer, oat milk and brown sugar.   What you need to do: 1. Cook milk. Meanwhile, mix pudding powder with water. Add the mixture to the cooking milk. Stir until you get the consistency of pudding.♡ 2. Add butter, sugar and beaten egg to the pudding. Stir thoroughly.♡ 3. Put flour into a bowl and add the pudding. Add yeast and mix thoroughly.♡ 4. Put the bowl with your dough in